LIS International Summer School 2017
Designing the Future of Libraries, Learning and Information
24 - 29 July 2017 at Stuttgart Media University, Germany
The week comprises six seminars approaching the main theme "Designing the Future of Libraries, Learning and Information" from different perspectives. It offers opportunities to discuss and develop own perspectives in an international setting. The event is organized by the Department of Library and Information Management.
The summer school aims to:
- explore the opportunities and challenges of change and development in libraries and information services
- discuss different aspects of the future of libraries and information management
July 24th to 26th 2017 (first time slot)
- Seminar 1: Socially committed, innovative, accessible to all: Libraries of the Future contribute to the United Nations Agenda 2030
- Seminar 2: Library Information Systems
- Seminar 3: cancelled
July 27th to 29th (second time slot)
- Seminar 4: Learning from Arjen Robben; or, developing new library applications
- Seminar 5: Conception and design of a Teaching Library
- Seminar 6: English for Librarians
- There is a tuition fee of 175 Euro per seminar.
- Students pay a reduced fee of 90 Euro per seminar.
- Students from partner universities pay a further reduced fee of 50 Euro per seminar.
Registration: May 1st 2017 - June 12th 2017
Information on acceptance: June 19th 2017
Payment due: June 20th - July 1st 2017
Summer school: July 24th - 29th 2017
For more information on the programme please visit: