FINANCIAL INFORMATION AND COST (as of autumn 2023)
Being an exchange student at HdM, you won't have to pay any tuition fees to our university. You will be required to pay the semester registration fee (from Winter Semester 2023/2024 86,50 EUR).
Here below you can find some further information on the estimated cost for your semester:
* Accommodation: ca. 350-420 EUR per month (depending on the hall of residence) and a deposit (currently 400 EUR plus the first rent, to be paid before arrival)
* Health insurance (mandatory for students without the EHIC European Health Insurance Card or a bilateral insurance agreement between home country and Germany): Around 120 EUR per month
* Student ticket for the public transport in Stuttgart: Approx. 210 EUR (valid always for 6 months). You can also consider purchasing the JugendTicket of SSB for ca 30 EUR per months or the Deutschland Ticket for 49 EUR per month.
* Groceries: The prices vary depending on the shop. Past exchange students have estimated to have spent an average of 120 EUR per month.
* Books and other study materials: Not all lecturers require students to purchase books. Prices range from second hand books to new books costing between 10-25 EUR. If you join our German language course, you will be asked to buy 2 books, which are around 20 EUR in total.
* Exchange Student Network (ESN) membership: 20 EUR.
When budgeting, please also add some funds for clothing, travels, and social life.