Being an exchange student at HdM, you won't have to pay any tuition fees to our university. You will be required to pay a contribution to the Studierendenwerk (Students’ Union) of 100,60€ per semester (as of January 2018).
Here below you can find some further information on the estimated cost for your semester (as of January 2018):
* Accommodation: ca. 290/310€ per month (depending on the hall of residence) and a deposit (to be paid on arrival)
* Health insurance (students without the EHIC European Health Insurance Card): 92.62€ per month for students under 24 years old, and EUR 94.24€ per month for students 24 years or older
* Student ticket for the public transport in Stuttgart: 203€ (valid for 6 months)
* Groceries: The prices vary depending on the shop. Past exchange students have estimated to have spent an average of 75€ per month.
* Books and other study materials: Not all lecturers require students to purchase books. Prices range from second hand books to new books costing between 10-25€.
When budgeting, please also add some funds for clothing, travels, and social life.