Being an exchange student at HdM, you won't have to pay any tuition fees to our university. You will be required to pay a contribution to the Studierendenwerk (Students’ Union) of 100,60 EUR per semester (as of January 2018).
Here below you can find some further information on the estimated cost for your semester (as of January 2018):
* Accommodation: ca. 290/310 EUR per month (depending on the hall of residence) and a deposit (to be paid on arrival)
* Health insurance (mandatory for students without the EHIC European Health Insurance Card or a bilateral insurance agreement between home country and Germany): 92.62 EUR per month for students under 24 years old (from March 2018), and EUR 94.24 EUR per month for students 24 years or older (from March 2018)
* Student ticket for the public transport in Stuttgart: 203 EUR (valid for 6 months)
* Groceries: The prices vary depending on the shop. Past exchange students have estimated to have spent an average of 75 EUR per month.
* Books and other study materials: Not all lecturers require students to purchase books. Prices range from second hand books to new books costing between 10-25 EUR.
When budgeting, please also add some funds for clothing, travels, and social life.