COSTS(as of January 2019)
Being an exchange student at HdM, you won't have to pay any tuition fees to our university. You will be required to pay the semester registration fee/a contribution to the Studierendenwerk (Students’ Union) of 101.40 EUR per semester.
Here below you can find some further information on the estimated cost for your semester:
* Accommodation: ca. 300-350 EUR per month (depending on the hall of residence) and a deposit (currently 400 EUR, to be paid before arrival)
* Health insurance (mandatory for students without the EHIC European Health Insurance Card or a bilateral insurance agreement between home country and Germany): 97.49 EUR per month for students under 24 years old, and EUR 95.86 EUR per month for students 24 years or older.
* Student ticket for the public transport in Stuttgart: 207 EUR (valid always for 6 months)
* Groceries: The prices vary depending on the shop. Past exchange students have estimated to have spent an average of 75 EUR per month.
* Books and other study materials: Not all lecturers require students to purchase books. Prices range from second hand books to new books costing between 10-25 EUR.
When budgeting, please also add some funds for clothing, travels, and social life.