Logo der HdM


Students from Non-EU countries (with the exception of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland) are required to obtain a residence permit, if they wish to study in Germany. They therefore need to apply for a student visa in their home country through the nearest German embassy or consulate. Students are advised to apply as early as possible and at least eight weeks prior to study start.

Please note that you must not apply for a tourist visa, as it doesn’t enable you to study at Hochschule der Medien and cannot be changed into a student visa afterwards.

Students from EU countries do not need to apply for a student visa. They will only need to register at the Residents’ Registration Bureau after arrival in Stuttgart. Your Buddy will help you registering, once you are here.

© Hochschule der Medien 2017 | Impressum | Hinweise zum Datenschutz Login