Diese Website verwendet nur technisch notwendige Cookies. In der Datenschutzerklärung können Sie mehr dazu erfahren.

Zum Hauptinhalt springen
Logo, Startseite der Hochschule der Medien

Application Step by Step

Step 1: Check requirements

As a first step, please check if you meet all requirements for applying for Social Media Marketing & Management. 
You can find the requirements here:  Requirements

Step 2: Download and fill out the application form

The application form includes relevant personal information as well as guiding questions for the personal essay. In the personal essay please write about your skills, experience, and ambitions. You should also provide reasons for choosing this course, information about any relevant previous experience, and your career plans. Please answer the questions truthfully.

The application can be downloaded here. 

Application Form

Step 3: Submit your application form

When you have filled out your application form, please upload the form together with a document that shows that you will have finished school by September 2024. If you have already finished school, please upload your school leaving certificate. If you are still attending school, please provide your last report card that shows the grade you are attending. Before you upload the document, please check if you have provided a valid e-mail adress because otherwise we will not be able to contact you.


Please make sure that you name your documents in the following way:

Application form: last name_first name_application2024, e.g. schneider_hans_application2024

School document: last name_first name_school2024, e.g. schneider_hans_school2024


For round two, the upload deadline is June 30, 2024.

Password: SMM2024

Step 4: Take the English language test

After evaluating the submitted application documents, we invite the best candidates to the second selection round which consists of an English language test and an interview. Invitations will be sent out during the first week of July.
If you are selected for the second round, you will get an invitation letter with information regarding the language test, as well as the day and time of your test session and interview. The language test and interview will be conducted online during the second week of July. You will need a computer, headphones, and a reliable internet connection. 

Step 5: Take part in the interview

All candidates with a B2 or higher English level may take part in the interview. The interview will give you a chance to get to know us and ask any questions about the course you may have. In the interview we will focus on your motivation to study Social Media Marketing & Management and your personal background. The interview will take about 10-15 minutes and we will do it on zoom.
In the invitation you will receive information regarding the day and time of your interview as well as the zoom link for the interview. 

After the interview you will receive a certificate stating the overall grade you have achieved in the entrance exam. The entrance exam counts 70%, your final school leaving grade will count 30%. 


STEP 6: Apply

The official application period starts on June 29th and lasts until August 15th. For the application you need the certificate showing the results of the entrance exam, your school leaving certificate. If you have a foreign qualifiation please check the requirements section.