16 - 21 September 2019 at Stuttgart Media University, Germany
The week comprises four seminars approaching the main theme "Digital Transformation" from different perspectives. It offers opportunities to discuss the mission of libraries of being socially committed, innovative and accessible to all. The event is organized by the Department of Informationsciences.
The summer school aims to:
- explore the opportunities and challenges of change and development in libraries and information services
- discuss different aspects of the future of libraries and information management
September 16th to 18th (first time slot)
- Seminar 1: Learning Spaces
- Seminar 2: Come together! Places of commoning
September 19th to 21st (second time slot)
- Seminar 3: Libraries helping people: Design thinking as a framework for librarians to bring social innovations
- Seminar 4: Hands on SmARt Libraries - Which technologies and methods are useful for the library of the future? Two interactive Case Studies
- There is a tuition fee of 250 Euro per seminar.
- Students pay a reduced fee of 100 Euro per seminar.
Please note: Information Professionals (no students!) outside Germany, who wish to attend the Summerschool, can apply for a grant from "Bibliothek Information International".
Registration: March 1st - August 31st 2019
Information on acceptance: Just after your payment has reached us
Late registration for remaining seats (if any) possible until: September 9th 2019
Payment due: after you receive the bill
Summer school: September 16th - 21th 2019
For more information on the programme please visit: