3D DATA TRANSFER GAME JAM
Report on an international interdisciplinary workshop on the transfer of Rhino 3D files into games.
Modern game engines such as Unity or Unreal enable rapid 3D prototyping and are currently changing the way analogue products are designed and perceived. Game Engines, however, require a higher level of visual accuracy than is typically provided by packages commonly used in the 3D visualisation industry such as Rhino 3D. In this paper we report on an interdisciplinary international student exchange project which took place in the winter semester 2021/22. The goal of the exchange was to foster interdisciplinary projects and skill transfer among design and computer science and media students. The goal was to use existing Rhino 3D project files as source data for game productions. The results, five games and detailed discussions of opportunities and challenges phased during data transfer from Rhino 3D to gamed engines, are outlined in this paper.
Video Project Report
- Prof. Dr. Sabiha Ghellal
- UXD Transmedia Storytelling New Media Convergence Pervasive Gaming Novel Interfaces for TV & Gaming
- User Interface / Experience Design / Interaction Design / Game Design / Innovation Management / Transmedia Storytelling
- Mobile Medien (Bachelor, 7 Semester)
- Fakultät Druck und Medien
- 149, Nobelstraße 10 (Hauptbau)
- 0711 8923-2721
- CLAUDE SAOS
Mehr zu diesem Autor