The minor program Moving Images focuses on media production and moving images with an emphasis on production and practical approaches, as well as a basis in theory.
This Minor consists of a graphic arts course, a basic seminar on film exercises, and a media production project, as well as language and cultural studies offered by the Language Centre.
This production course offers students an opportunity to develop and apply their knowledge and creative talent from first concepts all the way to a finished production. Thus it includes the packaging of a project and preparing fiction and/or non-fiction formats. As well as creating short screen productions, the Moving Images Minor involves looking at a wider range of formats such as audiovisual installations, cross-media and trans-media storytelling.
Within the Minor the students will:
- learn about the conception and creative packaging of media projects
- use a variety of methods and processes in different phases of media production
- become familiar with project management and the development/organization of creative projects and learn to prepare, plan, execute, and control media projects
- gain an understanding of calculation, financing, controlling and recoupment of media projects
- evaluate and reflect on the methods needed for different media project formats
- learn how to establish teamwork and to cooperate in an international student team
Besides the aspects of production, the Moving Images Minor also focuses on the challenges of storytelling and transcultural empathy in a dynamically changing media framework.