111985a Integration and Automation of Print Production Processes
|Zuletzt geändert:||24.10.2016 / von Carlsburg|
Druck- und Medientechnologie (Bachelor, 7 Semester), Prüfungsleistung im Modul Integration and Automation of Print Production Processes
3 4 6 7
Häufigkeit: W16/17; S17; W17/18
Studienübergreifendes Angebot - Minors, Prüfungsleistung im Modul Integration and Automation of Print Production Processes in Semester 1
Häufigkeit: nur SS
|Dozent:||Prof. Dr. Thomas Hoffmann-WalbeckDetails zum Dozenten|
Class: 22.5 hours (15 classes @1.5 hours)|
Background reading: 15 hours
Assignments: 6 hours
Project: 12 hours
|Bemerkung zur Veranstaltung:||auch Angebot im Print-Minor-Programm, Unterrichtssprache Englisch|
1. Introduction: The syllabus will be discussed. Also, some simple examples of process automation techniques in the Graphic Arts are presented.|
2. Prinect: An introduction of the workflow management system “Prinect” will be given (practical work).
3. Interfaces between prepress to press and Postpress: In the lab we will inspect the interfaces between prepress and press (“Prinect Data Terminal”) and prepress and Postpress (“Compucut”).
4. Production models: Different production models will be analyzed and practiced.
5. In particular, we will study a production of a brochure and we will develop the corresponding e Process-Resource-Model.
6. To practice some workflow, we will produce printed postcards in class.
7. JDF Workflow Examples: Different JDF-Workflow examples will be shown from the user's perspective. Certain notions about Workflow are defined.
8. JDF Data Structure and Code: JDF data structures (node types, Gray Boxes,…) are explained. The basics of JDF code and tools are presented. Given JDF files will be analyzed by the students and also JDF files will be generated.
11. Exam 12. ICS and Architecture: The Interoperability Conformance Specification (ICS) is an important concept for system integrators. Furthermore, we will see how different JDF-savvy modules can be connected. 13. CSV, KIM and Imposition: The interface between an order management system and prepress (“Krause imposition Manager”) will be discussed and the general model of sheet layout will be presented.
14. Metadata Exif & XMP: The use of metadata like Exif and XMP will be practiced. 15. Project presentations: Two former student’s projects concerning programming JDF-processing software are presented. The students will present their projects.
|English Title:||Integration and Automation of Print Production Processes|
We will study some examples of automation possibilities of standard software like Photoshop, InDesign, Excel and Acrobat as well as Workflow Management Systems like “Prinect” and “Switch”. The software Prinect will be applied in-depth in order to produce some print product.
Also, we will analyze different models for production workflows, in particular the “Process-Resource-Model”.|
The main topic of this course, however, is the print production workflow based on JDF/JMF and other metadata. We will consider MIS, prepress, press and post-press operations. For that, we will investigate to what extent JDF- communication between different processes can be automated or at least get simplified with the production of print products. We will focus not only on the accomplishments but also on possible drawbacks concerning JDF based workflow. Moreover, we will analyse JDF interfaces in detail.
At the end of the course, you will
• know how to use the Workflow Management System “Prinect”
• have an outstanding understanding of the print production model that is provided by CIP4
• have an excellent understanding about the feasibility of process automation
• be able to design workflow configurations and JDF interfaces using JDF
• be able to properly evaluate existing JDF workflow modules and interfaces
• be able to assess trouble-shooting protocols pertaining to JDF communication
JDF Workflow, Hoffman-Walbeck & Riegel (2012), Printing Industry Press, ISBN 978-0-88362-718-1 (also available in German, French, Spanish and Russian)
Weitere Literatur finden Sie in der HdM-Bibliothek.
|Hinweis zu Terminangaben: Bitte beachten Sie evtl. vorhandene aktuelle Stundenplanänderungen unter |